What We Treat
Mental health conditions are common in our society. In fact, the National Institute of Mental Health and other researchers indicate the following statistics:
- An estimated 44.7 million Americans 18 years and older experience a diagnosable mental health condition in a given year, yet 60% of those with a mental health condition do not receive treatment.
- More than 49.5 percent of youth, either currently or at some point during their young lives have experienced a mental health condition.
- More than 15% of senior adults suffer from severe depression.
- Suicide is the 10th leading cause of death in the US with 44,000 annual deaths, and is the 2nd leading cause of death for youth ages 15-24.
- 23 million Americans suffer from addiction, yet 88% of Americans with addiction are not treated.
- Up to 90% of people with mental illness have significant improvement and decreased symptoms with effective treatment.