COVID-19: Information for Patients, Families and Visitors
Thank you for trusting CenterPointe with your loved one’s/patient’s care. We want to assure you that your loved one’s/patient’s health and safety are always our top priorities. We have implemented the following procedures so that we can continue to care for patients and keep them and others safe.
1. We Are Open for Business. No matter what’s going on in our world, people still are affected by mental health and addiction and need help and therefore CenterPointe Hospital is still accepting new admissions.
2. Limited Visitation. We have suspended family visitations and have limited outside visitors to only medical and other necessary personnel.
3. We are Screening All Patients, Vendors, and Staff – All employees and clients must have their temperature checked every morning before programming begins. We have implemented a visitor screening process regarding recent travel, flu-like and respiratory symptoms, as well as stringent protocols for hygiene, temperature checks and onsite sterilization. Any patients who being to show symptoms after admission are tested and treated on a separate unit.
4. Sterilization Policy – All employees are expected to wash hands for 20 seconds; wipe down all phones, computer equipment, door handles, light switches, faucet handles, etc; then wash hands again. Patients and staff have been instructed to wash hands before every meal and our cleaning services are disinfecting each patient unit via regularly scheduled cleanings.
5. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) – Masks, gloves, gowns, goggle and visors have been distributed to staff. Patients are also provided masks.
6. Social Distancing – In an effort to limit the amount of exposure to others, ample indoor space has been created for social distancing, outdoor courtyards are available throughout the day for fresh air and our gym provides a spacious area for activities.
7. Virtual Outpatient Therapy– As a new service to patients who are not able to leave their homes due to social distancing during the COVID-19 pandemic, CenterPointe Hospital’s outpatient clinics have expanded their capacity to provide virtual outpatient behavioral health therapy at three outpatient locations in the Greater St. Louis/St. Charles Metro Area – St. Louis West County, St. Louis South County and St. Charles.
8. Ongoing Communication – CenterPointe has reached out to emergency contacts and outside treatment providers letting them know of our precautionary measures and our internal teams are meeting daily to adjust clinical delivery as needed. We have been conducting daily meetings to discuss our action plan and we will continue to stay in daily communication to adjust planning and precautionary measures accordingly.
9. Safety First. We are doing everything in our power to keep everyone safe. From patients to staff, it is our absolute top priority to ensure that we prioritize the health of everyone under our roof. We will continue to adjust and be as nimble as necessary to keep up with the daily changes surrounding the coronavirus.
10. Quality Still Matters. Even under these unprecedented circumstances, our mission to provide the best possible care for our patients remains unwavering. Following the criteria that’s been established to closely monitor the hospital’s services, we aim to continue with the same treatment modalities as much as possible while acting in the best interest of our patients and staff.